Saturday, April 24, 2010

Friday page:

So I assigned a FRIDAY page as a means of my students identifying their own growth. On the last day of class for the week they are to take a photo of their work in progress, upload it to their digital portfolio, and briefly comment on the process (questions, issues, resolutions). I was greeted with that "not MORE busywork" face and a bunch of grumbling. I know why I assigned it, and I can't wait to see that BINGO look on their faces.
I was working on my own portfolio last night, filling out some of the blank building lots and I noticed that some of my students had already done the assignment. I was thrilled with what I had read. There were some real insights into process.
So what's up for my own FRIDAY page? I have some studio work to visit in a bit, I know its Saturday, then I will post something about my own process. Ever since the news about the Korean exhibition came in I am longing to be in my studio.

No comments: