Friday, March 19, 2010

Assignment- my blog roll is growing!

So I saw the movie "Julie and Julia" (Ephron 2009) and had decided that it would be interesting to try that from an art perspective. As I observed one of my Ceramics students work her way through Surface Design for Ceramics(Mills, 2008)and making notes in her sketchbook I decided to have my Advanced Studio explore books that interested them as well and blog about it. In the case of Maureen's book, I can't wait to get the blog link to her. Wounldn't it be interesting to have her follow along as a regular reader?
What I hope to achieve with this assignment is to open a door to a technique or series of techniques that these upper level students may not have thought to use. The culminating experience is to create a piece that uses what they have learned. I am sure the journey will be interesting for all of them.

No comments: