Sunday, March 18, 2012

My NCECA anxiety

Over a year ago I was chatting with my friend John about the possibility of an NCECA show. We bounced sound proposal around, always coming back to the fact that Seattle is 3000+ miles away and putting together an exhibition at home is hard enough, but the logistics of this long distance relationship? Then came the call for proposals, and I decided to "forget" the conversations John and I had and quell the urge to write. I am now the proud proposal winner with so much anxiety that feeling like I have been punched in the stomach is pretty a common place experience. Today's interesting saga- I have to get my power tools out to Seattle. Why/how had I overlooked this little gem?

In the meantime, I read one of Simon Levin's articles, and find myself in stitches as usual. Simon, you have succeeded in adding to my angst! You won't find me in the vendor room wondering why the person I am talking to is looking over my shoulder, you will find me on the pier, probably hurling into the sound, as people ask me about poo-flinging monkey's! Catch you in Seattle :)

No comments: